Game Changer Award
The Game Changer Award recognizes the invaluable contributions made by staff members of an NASC member organization who are vital to the success of their organization’s efforts in the sports tourism industry but are not CEOs. These individuals distinguish themselves every day and deserve an honor for exceptional contributions to their organization as well as our entire profession. Staff members (non-executive/CEO) from organizations in the ALL member categories are eligible to apply.
Winner will be selected based on exemplary performance and merit.
For your entry to be considered, you must address each of the judging criteria categories and clearly address each section of your description as outlined below.
Please include the following in your 1,000-word description (attachments do not count towards word count):
• Section One: Written statement detailing your organization’s mission, objectives and goals for the 2017 calendar year. (10 pts)
• Section Two: Specific examples that show how you helped your organization achieve or exceed these goals. Examples of the impact that your organization’s activities have had on the sport tourism industry, your local community or the communities where your organization holds major events (i.e. economic impact, hotel occupancy, growth in membership, etc.). (25 pts)
• Section Three: Describe how you made a humanitarian impact during the 2017 year (either as part of your organization or individually). Nominees should exhibit humanitarian qualities such as honesty, integrity, responsibility, compassion, and courage, and an exemplary commitment of time and energy serving others or towards the event(s). (25pts)
• Section Four: Describe ways that you aided your organization to gain more exposure or engagement. Examples can include media or public relations, acquisition of new sponsors or financial partners, gaining new partners (rights holders or local sports events hosts). (20 pts)
• Section Five: Include examples of support from community or industry leaders, strategic partners and/or organizations affected by your activities in your attachments. (10 pts)
• Section Six: Contributions to NASC (i.e. board service, committee participation, CSEE certification, support of NASC’s mission, attend NASC events, outreach, etc.). (10 pts)
Submit an entry
For more information, contact Janis Schmees Burke, CSEE, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kathy Nelson, knelson@ sportkc.org, Awards Committee Chairs.