National Association of Sports Commissions
Hall of Fame
The NASC Hall of Fame Committee was established to honor those who played a vital role in the success and promotion of the National Association of Sports Commissions. The purpose of the Hall of Fame is to promote the professional management of sporting events and the sport tourism industry as a whole by honoring those individuals who exemplified the values of the NASC in their careers and by acknowledging their legacies to provide guidance for future members of the NASC.
To be considered, nominations must be received no later than December 1, 2016.
Submit a nomination
For questions about the NASC Hall of Fame, contact Denny Gann, Hall of Fame Committee Chair.
Representation on the Hall of Fame Committee is by appointment from members of the NASC Leadership Council and appointed by the NASC Board of Directors. The committee shall be comprised of not more than five (5) members who will be identified as the NASC Hall of Fame Committee.
The NASC Hall of Fame Committee selects all honorees to be inducted into the NASC Hall of Fame. The Committee elects its officers who shall serve a three-year term, and are eligible to serve one successive term upon majority vote of all committee members.
INDUCTION OF HONOREES
The process to be used by the Committee for Induction of Honorees into the NASC Hall of Fame is as follows:
- Induction occurs annually following review of nominations and approval of the NASC Hall of Fame Committee.
- The Committee is authorized to consider, approve, and elect submitted honorees into the NASC Hall of Fame.
- Nominations from NASC members are highly encouraged.
- Posthumous nominations are encouraged.
- Nomination must include an official Hall of Fame biography.
To be eligible for the NASC Hall of Fame, honorees must be classified into one of the following categories:
- Active Member: Must have had a career of at least 10 years for induction by virtue of extraordinary service to the NASC regardless of length of the nominee’s career.
- Rights Holder: Member Nominee who has conducted events with NASC members and rendered continuous outstanding service to the NASC.
- Allied Member: Nominee who has rendered continuous and outstanding service to the NASC.
- Special Service Nominee: Nominee who has rendered continuous and outstanding service to the NASC.
- Organizer, Promoter, Sponsor of Sporting Events and Programs: Nominee who has rendered continuous and outstanding service to the NASC.
After nominations are received and consideration by the committee is complete, the sponsor will be invited to present any other information on behalf of the honoree and appear before the committee at a scheduled time and location designated for the purpose of finalizing the nomination.
The NASC Hall of Fame induction will take place at the NASC Sports Event Symposium each year beginning in 2017.
Once elected the successful candidate photo, history, etc. shall be displayed in a prominent place at the headquarters of the NASC.