Forums – Our member message board is designed to improve communication among members, offer a forum for exchanging ideas, and allow you to benefit from the experience, knowledge, and wisdom of your peers.
Mentoring –The Mentoring Committee consists of volunteer NASC members with over 100 years of collective experience who are ready to serve all members and to educate the general membership on the value of the NASC. Long-time members and new members alike are encouraged to reach out to the mentoring committee to utilize their vast amount of experience and know-how.
Models & Samples – Collection of models and samples, (used by real host organizations, event organizers, and industry partners), that is designed to generate ideas and save you time
Salary and Compensation Surveys - Contemplating a career move? Evaluating staff salaries? Learn what you, or they, should be earning. NASC conducts a research survey, as needed, exploring compensation levels for sport tourism professionals in various fields.
NASC Career Center - Post job openings at a discounted rate; post resumes and view positions in the sport tourism industry
Meetings & Events
NASC Sports Event Symposium
* – The original sport tourism industry conference, which has been produced annually by the NASC since 1992. The Symposium features the Sports Marketplace, which is the longest-running reverse tradeshow for the sport tourism market, and equips sports tourism professionals with solutions that produce measurable ROI. Members receive registered discounts, and only members from host organizations and exhibiting event owners and vendors are eligible to request appointments in the Sports Marketplace Appointments. The Symposium is hosted each spring, usually in March or April.
NASC Market Segment Meetings
* – Held each fall (September or October), the NASC Market Segment Meetings create a platform for members in similar markets to share best practices and discuss key issues and trends that are happening in their communities.
– The NASC is proud to provide our members access to video recordings of select breakout sessions from past NASC Sports Event Symposiums in the online Video Library. Simply logon to access more than a dozen recorded sessions. If you missed a session or need a refresher, visit the Video Library.
– NASC currently conducts two webinar series for members, Best Practices Webinars and the NASC Virtual Event Marketplace Series. Best Practices Webinars focus on a trend or topic that is relevant and timely. Event Webinars were developed with event owners and destinations in mind. We know our members have busy schedules, so the webinars are an opportunity for event owners to share information about their organization, their events, and what it takes for a destination to land an event with 50-75 destinations in less than an hour and no travelling is necessary!
Certified Sports Event Executive (CSEE)
– Open only to NASC members, CSEE is a continuing education program where participants are provided with cutting edge knowledge about topics relevant to the sport tourism industry. Modules cover a variety of topics that increase participants efficiency and effectiveness in the workplace and enable them to earn the designation as a "Certified Sports Event Executive".
NASC Member Awards
The annual NASC Member Awards recognize the achievements of our members. In order to be considered, activities, events, marketing campaigns, web strategies, etc. must have occurred between January 1 and December 31 prior to the annual awards recognition. Active members may submit entries for all award categories. Rights Holder and Allied members may submit entries for the new Sports Event Professional of the Year award.
Get in the Game eNews
– Delivered to your inbox each week, includes articles relevant to sport tourism industry. Members are encouraged to submit their news and content.
– Quarterly publication mailed to each member organization. Content includes association updates, member news, and industry best practices.
Affinity Partner discounts
– Do business with NASC Affinity Partners and receive discounts on products and services for solutions you need to run successful events
Car Rental discounts
– Avis discounts vary, members should use AWD # T821500 when making reservations. With Budget, members can enjoy savings of up to 25%. Use Budget Customer Discount (BCD) number A773300 for the lowest rates.
– PartnerShip®, the endorsed shipping management provider of NASC, helps you save on every shipment you send and receive. This program is available to all NASC members with no obligations and no minimum shipping requirements. Members who enroll in the NASC Shipping Program save on select FedEx® services.
Discounted SportsBusiness Journal Subscription
-Street & Smith’s SportsBusiness Journal
is providing a discounted introductory rate of $188 for NASC members who are not current or prior subscribers within the last 6 months, to Street & Smith's SportsBusiness Journal
(SBJ). This is $101 off of the U.S. base rate of $289. NASC Canadian and International members who take advantage of this offer will receive a digital subscription, not a printed subscription. Upon the expiration of first subscription term at this special rate, the NASC member's rate will change according to a SBJ renewal schedule.