Sports TOURISM ORGANIZATION of the Year
This award is given to an Active member who has had the most exceptional impact on their local community through sports events and visitor spending in the 2017 calendar year. This organization should also show a commitment to NASC and its mission. CVBs, DMOs, parks and recreation departments, chambers of commerce and other host organizations may apply for this award.
Winning organization will be selected based on exemplary performance and merit.
For your entry to be considered, you must address each of the judging criteria categories and clearly address each section of your description as outlined below.
Please include the following in your 1,000-word description (attachments do not count towards word count):
• Section One: Written statement detailing organization mission, objectives and goals for the 2017 calendar year. Organization may submit annual business plan in the attachments to meet the criteria. (5 pts)
• Section Two: Quality of the sporting events (must have occurred in 2017) supported by your organization in your community based on: community interest, size of events in relation to community size, and the positive impact the event had on the community. (35 pts)
• Section Three: Specific examples of how your organization supported efforts of sports events and how city/local community received benefit. (i.e. volunteer recruitment, sponsorship referrals, marketing, etc.) Describe how sports events were produced (i.e. local organizing committee, local club or league, etc.), and describe how the group was formed and staffed. (20 pts)
• Section Four: Evidence that your activities benefited community/city financially via economic impact/direct spending, hotel room nights generated or otherwise. (20 pts)
• Section Five: Include examples of support from community leaders, strategic partners and/or organizations affected by your activities in your attachments. (10 pts)
• Section Six: Contributions by the organization or members of the staff to NASC (i.e. board service, committee participation, attend NASC events, outreach, years of membership, etc.) (10 pts)
Submit an entry
For more information, contact Janis Schmees Burke, CSEE, at email@example.com, or Kathy Nelson, knelson@ sportkc.org, Awards Committee Chairs.