By now you already know that at the NASC Symposium you can discover peer-tested ideas, learn to innovate, and make valuable connections with other sport tourism industry professionals and vendors to successfully tackle the challenges and opportunities facing you and your organization. But, how do you share the value of this event with your Board or supervisor in order to help justify your attendance? Below is some helpful information.
The toolkit Includes:
- Focus on what you will specifically bring back to the organization as return for the investment.
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your colleagues to share what you learned. That way others in your unit will get the benefits of your attendance, too.
- Share the speaker presentations and handouts with your colleagues. As an attendee, you have unlimited access to materials posted by speakers.
- If you are working to obtain or maintain your CSEE certification, remind your supervisor that this is a great way to earn your next CSEE credit and it also requires less time away from the office.
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the conference.
- Offer to share a room with a colleague to reduce hotel expenses.
- Be sure to check out the registration page where all the various rates are listed to see if you qualify for any discounts.