Who qualifies as an event owner?
Qualified Rights Holder members (sports organizations and associations, national governing bodies (NGBs), and other companies that bid out and award sports events to which they own the rights) who have provided the required information in the registration process are eligible to receive complimentary registration and travel assistance, provided registration is received by February 24, 2017.
How much does it cost?
The NASC does not charge a registration fee for any representative from an NASC Rights Holder member to attend the Symposium when the representative agrees to take appointments in the NASC Sports Marketplace. The NASC is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit trade association. Per our bylaws, Event Owners are required to become members of the association, which is $100 annually, per organization.
Complimentary registration includes access to all Symposium functions, appointments with destinations and vendors, carpeted booth space with table, chairs, and wastebasket in the NASC Sports Marketplace. Additional exhibit space is available for organizations bringing multiple representatives. Each representative will have a separate appointment schedule with destinations and vendors. Register now.
Other industry conferences pay my way. Does the NASC do the same?
The short answer is YES! The NASC provides travel assistance for qualified Rights Holder members. A limited number of travel assistance scholarships are available on a first come - first served basis, so it is important to register well in advance to ensure your spot.
Travel assistance includes hotel (room and tax), airfare, and ground transportation to/from the Sacramento International Airport for each qualified Event Owner attendee. Each flight itinerary must be approved in writing by the NASC and purchased by the Event Owner. A flight reimbursement check up to $500 per Event Owner attendee will be issued after successful completion of all required activities outlined in Event Owner contract.
How will I know if I qualify for complimentary registration and travel assistance?
The NASC will contact you 24-48 business hours after you register to confirm your registration and discuss your travel arrangements. We will send an email confirmation from Meetingmax about two weeks prior to the event. It might show a room rate, but attending as a qualified event owner, you will not be responsible for this charge. However, you will be asked to provide credit card information for incidentals when you check into your hotel. Incidentals are not covered by the NASC.
Why do event owners attend the Symposium?
Event owners attend the Symposium for business development. The Symposium is an opportunity for event owners to promote your organization, your sport(s), and your event(s) to more than 400 destinations who are interested in doing business with your organization.
Event owners also attend the Symposium for the education. As a the non-profit 501(c)3 trade association for the sport tourism industry in the United States, the NASC's mission is to develop educational content for our members and the industry at-large. The Symposium is the annual meeting of the Association, and as a result, is where you can find information about topics that are important to event owners (event management, risk management, RFP development, and more) and get a year's worth of ideas in a few days.
What else do I need to know?
- A limited number of travel assistance scholarships are available on a first-come, first served basis.
- Registration is FREE for qualified NASC Rights Holder Members who agree to take appointments in the NASC Sports Marketplace with destinations and vendors.
- NASC Sports Marketplace appointments with destinations and vendors cannot be guaranteed if not registered by February 24, 2017.
- Membership is REQUIRED to participate in NASC Sports Marketplace appointments. Membership is organization-based; therefore only one membership is required even if an organization is sending multiple representatives.
- Non-member organizations may apply for membership ($100 annual fee) when registering to receive a one-year complimentary NASC Rights Holder membership in addition to your registration.
- Non-members must complete a registration form; online registration is not available for non-members.
- All cancellations or transfers to another staff member at the same organization must be made in writing by February 24, 2017. No penalties for cancellations or transfers received by that date. $200 penalty applies for requests postmarked on or after February 24, 2017. $685 penalty applies for no-shows. Submit all requests via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be asked to provide a credit card when your registration has been confirmed to reserve your space, which will be charged for no-shows.