Who qualifies as a destination?
Sports commissions, chambers of commerce, destination marketing organizations (DMOs), parks and recreation departments, and other organizations that bid on and host sports events. Bring a colleague, board member, facility representative, college or university athletics department partner, etc.
Why do destinations attend the Symposium?
Destinations overwhelmingly attend the Symposium for business development. Event owners who are prospects and clients attend the Symposium, and more than 90% of destinations report that they land at least one or two NEW events as a result of attending the Symposium.
Destinations also attend the Symposium for the education. As a the non-profit 501(c)3 trade association for the sport tourism industry in the United States, the NASC's mission is to develop educational content to advance and grow the industry. As the annual meeting of the NASC, the Symposium is where our members receive up-to-date industry research and get a year's worth of ideas in a few days.
How much does it cost?
Rates vary depending on membership status and how many attendees your organization sends. View rates.
How do I register?
NASC Member organizations may register online or by completing a registration form. Non-members must complete a registration form and return it to the NASC office.
What else do I need to know?
- The NASC Sports Marketplace is a reverse tradeshow; therefore event owners and vendors are exhibitors. Destinations are attendees and do not have booths.
- NASC Sports Marketplace appointments with exhibitors cannot be guaranteed if not registered by February 24, 2017.
- Membership is REQUIRED to participate in NASC Sports Marketplace appointments. Membership is organization-based; therefore only one membership is required even if an organization is sending multiple representatives.
- An annual membership is included in the registration fee for non-members.
- Non-members must complete a registration form; online registration is not available for non-members.